Fixed-term contract (May-Sept)
Customer Support Assistant (Seasonal)
Customer Support team
The customer support team is at the core of what we do here at One Utility Bill. As a member of our customer support team, your unflappable nature and personal approach will give our customers the assurance required to get to the root of their problem or answer any queries.
Our Customer Support team are on the front line, so this is a role for the cool, calm and collected. Our customers depend on us to ensure that their lights are on, their home is heated and their broadband runs smoothly. When things don’t go to plan, this can have an impact on their everyday lives. This means you’ll face plenty of challenges, from frustrated customers to unexpected issues, so you’ll need lots of patience to empathise with our customers to be the one who puts a smile back on their face.
The work here at One Utility Bill is very fast-paced, so you will need to be resilient and able to work under pressure, as we are often very busy. Working in a team of approximately 10, you’ll take an average of around 60 calls per day (both inbound and outbound).
Our customers will be calling you when they need your advice and assistance, so helping others and giving them the best experience possible, will matter to you.
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to demonstrate your strong communication skills both written and verbally. You’ll have great attention to detail, taking notes accurately and on time.
You’ll be part of a great team, who will support you as you gain experience in handling a vast range of queries. You will report into a team leader within the customer support team, who will always be on hand to help you with any queries or escalations. Our Customer Service phone lines are open between 8 am- 6 pm over the summer months and 9 am- 5 pm throughout the remainder of the year with rotating Saturday shifts (roughly 1 in 3).
This is a fixed term position with the potential to become permanent to the right candidate.
Our team: We’re a fresh, exciting startup with an amazing working atmosphere. We are a highly driven and friendly team and are working incredibly hard to create big changes in the utility industry.
What do we do? We make setting up and paying for bills (gas, electricity, broadband etc.) easy for our customers.
Workplace: We are based in the Ouseburn in Newcastle – around 10 minutes walk from Newcastle City Centre, the Quayside or Heaton. You can learn more about us here: https://oneutilitybill.co/meet-the-team/didate.
- Answering inbound calls, live chats and emails as well as outbound communication
- Informing customers of installation appointment dates, payment collections, and other general package related questions
- Complaint handling and resolution
- Chasing missed payments
- Investigating accounts (where required)
- Updating our internal CRM accurately and ensuring detailed notes are made every contact with a customer
- Working with other teams internally to get the job done
- A background within Customer Services is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A professional telephone manner
- Resilience, understanding, and patience
- A genuine passion for customer service