Customer Support Team Leader
£20,000 per annum
The Customer Support team is at the core of One Utility Bill. As one of our Customer Support Team Leaders, your determination, dedication and personal approach will give our team and our customer’s confidence that you will get right to the root of their problem.
By taking on this role, you will be expected to work on Customer Support tasks, as well as leading the team by assigning tasks, improving processes and ensuring KPI’s are hit.
Our Customer Support team is on the frontline, making this a role for the cool, calm and collected. Our customers rely on us to ensure that all of their utilities are out of sight, and out of mind, so when things go wrong, this can impact their everyday lives. This means you’ll face plenty of challenges, from frustrated and upset customers to unexpected issues, so you will need a lot of patience and genuine empathy to help put a smile back on our customers’ faces.
As a team leader, you will be responsible for managing a small group of around 2 or 3 within the Customer Support team. This will involve assigning projects, 121’s, delegating tasks and ensuring that your team are performing to the best of their ability so that monthly KPIs are hit. The work is very fast-paced and the role can sometimes be busy and pressurised, even more so during the summer months. Your composure and organisational skills will allow you to prepare your team for high volumes of inbound calls, emails and live chats, and any potential challenges you may face.
You will demonstrate your strong communication skills by talking clearly and listening. You will have great attention to detail whilst completing notes about conversations with customers accurately and on time.
You’ll be part of a great team, who will support you as you gain experience in handling a wide variety of queries. You will report to the manager of the Customer Support team, who will help you develop your leadership and management skills. Our phone lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Saturday (rotating Saturday shifts roughly 1 in 3). We also operate to extended hours during summer months.
Our team: We’re a fresh, exciting start-up company with an amazing working atmosphere. We are a highly driven and friendly team, and are working incredibly hard to create big changes in the utility industry.
What do we do? We make setting up and paying for bills (gas, electricity, broadband etc.) easy for our customers.
Workplace: We are based in the Ouseburn in Newcastle – around 10 minutes walk from Newcastle City Centre, the Quayside or Heaton. You can learn more about us here: https://oneutilitybill.co/meet-the-team/
- Managing members of the Customer Support team by assigning weekly tasks and projects
- Answering inbound calls, live chats and emails as well as outbound communication
- Raising absences on behalf of team members and conducting return to work meetings
- Rota management
- Holding one-to-one sessions with team members
- Leading weekly team meetings to discuss updates within the company and any actions that need to be carried forward
- Completing team performance analysis as well as weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs
- Requesting reports and carrying out audits in our database
- Call monitoring
- Being the first point of contact for the team for advice on handling difficult customer queries and escalations
- Complaint handling and resolution
- Updating our internal CRM accurately and ensuring detailed notes are made after every contact with a customer
- Creating training documents for the Customer Support team
- Working closely with team leaders and managers from other departments to improve internal processes
- 2 year plus customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A professional telephone manner
- Time management skills, with the ability to multitask
- People management skills to develop your team and improve their performance
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Resilience, understanding, patience and empathy